During this time of "staying home, staying healthy," Indian Trail Church will broadcast an hour-long live stream of Kid's Bible Time, when parents can gather with their children around a device or TV to share in songs of praise, stories and lessons from the bible, and some fun and games as well! Kid's Bible Time is scheduled to stream on the ITC Streaming channel on YouTube every Thursday at 12:30pm.
Here are some questions to consider from the Thursday, May 28th Kid's Bible Time from the book of Jonah:
BIG TRUTH 1 - GOD IS ALL-KNOWING
BIG TRUTH 2 - GOD IS IN CONTROL
BIG TRUTH 3 - GOD IS COMPASSIONATE AND MERCIFUL, ABOUNDING IN STEADFAST LOVE
Question for Kids
- Even though you have probably heard about Jonah before, what new things about this story did you learn today?
Question for Parents
When your child is complaining about what someone else has done or is doing, ask them these questions:
- Does God know about it?
- Is he in control over it?
- Are you telling me because you want your way, or to get them in trouble?
- Are you telling me because you want me to pray for you, with you, and encourage you how to be compassionate, merciful and loving in this situation? :)
Here are some questions to consider from the special Thursday, May 21st "Prime Time" Kid's Bible Time from 1 Kings 18:
BIG TRUTH - GOD ALONE DESERVES OUR WORSHIP
- What are things about God's greatness, provision or commands that encourage you?
- Who is someone you could share these things with to encourage them?
Here are some questions to consider from the story of the kingdoms after Solomon from the Thursday, May 14th Kid's Bible Time from 1 Chronicles 28-29; 2 Chronicles 1-7, and 1 Kings 11-12:
BIG TRUTH - GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISES
- Is God's desire to be with his people or separated from them? What happened?
- How is God with us today? What part does his Spirit play in that?
- If God is with us through his Spirit, what is the purpose of the church?
Here are some questions to consider from the story of Samuel and Saul from the Thursday, May 7th Kid's Bible Time from 1 Samuel 16-17:
BIG TRUTH - GOD'S PLAN IS GOOD AND TRUSTWORTHY
- Where is the first place in the Bible we see someone doubt this truth? (Genesis 3)
- Doubting this truth is the issue we all have been struggling with ever since.
- This issue begins in our _________.*
- Who can change our heart?
- Take a moment to pray and ask God to change us!
Here are some questions to consider from the story of Samuel and Saul from the Thursday, April 30th Kid's Bible Time from 1 Samuel 8-10; 13:1-14; 15:1-26:
BIG TRUTH - GOD HAS AUTHORITY OVER ALL
- Make a list with your kids on who has authority over them and over you.
- Read Romans 13:1-2.
- Who is over all authority?
- When we obey authority, we are obeying _____.*
- When we disobey authority, we are disobeying _____.*
- Whe we think authority is being foolish, unfair or not listening, we need to remind ouselves of who is always wise, fair and listens: _____.*
- We are not trusting in people, we are trusting _____.*
Here are some things to consider from the story of Gideon from the Tuesday, April 28th Kid's Bible Time from Judges 6-7:
BIG TRUTH 1 - GOD ALONE SAVES
- How often do we try to save ourselves doing it our way?
- Can you think of some examples of this in your own life?
- What do you think God saving us/you/me would look like in this situation?
BIG TRUTH 2 - GOD ALONE GETS THE GLORY
- In every situation, you can ask the question, "How do I give God glory in ________?" Or, "What would give God the most glory right now?"
Here are some things to consider from the Thursday, April 23rd Kid's Bible Time from Joshua 1-6:
1. GOD IS FAITHFUL
- Are there times it feels like God is not there, does not care, does not have a plan?
- During these times we need to speak truth to ourselves and have others speak truth to us.
2. GOD IS POWERFUL
- What things do we actually do?
(Nothing - God gives us the power to do everything.)
- What things can God not do?
(Nothing - there is no situation that he cannot handle.)
- Are God's ways our ways?
Think about: More blessed to give than receive
To be greatest, be a servant
Can't be saved by works; only through Christ
- What is it all about?
Here are some things to consider from the Tuesday, April 21st Kid's Bible Time from Numbers 21 and John 3:
1. GOD IS JUST
Because God is perfect, right and fair...
...sin must be punished.
2. GOD IS MERCIFUL
...in not giving people what they deserve!
3. ONLY GOD CAN SAVE
Christ on the cross...
...combines God's Justice and Mercy.
Here are the questions to consider from the Thursday, April 16th Kid's Bible Time from the continuing story of Moses and the Children of Israel found in Numbers 13-14 & 20:
BIG TRUTH #1:
God is Trustworthy
1. What has God done to take care of the Israelites?
2. What has God done to take care of you and me?
3. Why was it hard for the Israelites to trust and obey God and enter the land?
4. Why at times is it hard to trust God's promises and obey his commands? (Parents, share your struggles and let your kids pray for you.)
BIG TRUTH #2:
God is Just
1. What areas is it hard to trust that God will make it right? (Parents, you share too! In times of perceived or actual unfairness, think about shepherding your child's heart and teaching them to trust and rest in a God who is just. Pray with and for them in these moments.)
Here are the statements to consider from the Tuesday, April 14th Kid's Bible Time that focused on holiness and sin, and what the role of a mediator is, from Exodus 32-34.
HOLY: Perfection, without spot or blemish.
SIN: Doing it my way, not God's way; following my thoughts, not God's thoughts; thinking about me and forgetting about God; not believing God's truth.
MEDIATOR: A person who attempts to make people who are involved in a conflict come to an agreement. A go-between who can reconcile two opposing groups.
Parents, pray for opportunities and wisdom to teach these truths to your children.
Here are the questions to consider from the Thursday, April 9th Kid's Bible Time from accounts of the crucifixion and resurrection found in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John:
Jesus is God's Son and the promised Savior!
- Do I believe this is true?
- How does Jesus become my savior? The Bible says: Repent, Believe, have Faith
a. Do you believe COVID-19 is real?
b. What things do you do or not do because of that belief?
c. If we believe Jesus is God's Son, how might that guide your actions?
a. Can you see the coronavirus?
b. Can you see the effects of the coronavirus?
c. Can you see Jesus or the Holy Spirit?
d. What would be the effects if they were in you?
- Should we obey the authorities, experts and professionals as we deal with COVID-19, or do our own thing?
- Why is it hard to obey sometimes?
- When it comes to Christ and our lives, should we follow God and his true Word or do our own thing?
Here are the questions to consider from the Tuesday, April 7th Kid's Bible Time from Exodus 16, 20 & 25-26:
- What are mighty things that God has done? a.) that we see outside, and b.) that we see in the Bible.
- What things cause me to forget God's love, and grumble and complain? a.) share your stuggles, b.) pray for each other to remember and trust in God's love, and c.) thank God for his mercy.
- What does HOLY mean?* a.) how do we know that we are not holy,** and b.) how did God provide a way for us to be holy?***
- What did God do so that he can live with his people forever?****
* Perfect, blameless, without spot or blemish
** God's law shows us
*** Jesus' death on the cross, that we accept by faith
**** Jesus - the ultimate, perfect sacrifice!