Hardships: Honor or Shame?
Passage: Philippians 1:12–20
HOME GROUP DISCUSSION
- What were Paul’s circumstances when he wrote the book of Philippians and how was God using them to further proclaim the gospel?
- How is God’s sovereignty shown in this passage?
- What was Paul’s attitude when some were sharing the gospel from selfish ambition (verse 18)? How should our attitude be similar?
- Why was Paul able to rejoice in his difficult circumstances?
- According to Philippians 1:20, what was Paul’s ultimate goal in life?
- In which of your life circumstances do you find it most difficult to trust that God is sovereign? Based on this text of Scripture, why has God put you in these circumstances? How can you strive to honor Christ in them?