Israel's History, for Israel's Future
Passage: Deuteronomy 1:1–3:29
HOME GROUP DISCUSSION:
- At the beginning of the sermon, Kyle gave six reasons why Deuteronomy should matter to Christians. What were some of those, and which one caught your attention the most?
- What were some ways to answer those who raise ethical questions about verses like Deuteronomy 2:34?
- It was suggested that we should walk by what we hear, not by what we see. What does that mean? How did Kyle's picture of facing a daunting hill relate to this idea?
- After so many years of leading God's people, why do you think Moses was forbidden to enter the promised land? (Deuteronomy 3:23-27)
- How is Deuteronomy relevant for twenty-first century Christians? How can looking at the past help us navigate the present and the future?