One Nation Under God
Passage: Deuteronomy 16:17–18:22
HOME GROUP DISCUSSION
- Why were judges needed in God's Nation? Why is justice such an important concept?
- Moses describes God's guidelines for kings. How do they compare with how the world looks at kings? What kind of king did God desire?
- What was the job of the priests? How did supporting the priests show support for God?
- What was the job of a prophet? How did God's prophets contrast with the sorcerers and such that the pagan world looked to?
- This structure of judge, king, priest and prophet points to something relevant for us today. What is that?