Scripture: Matthew 9:14–9:34
HOME GROUP DISCUSSION
- What is the biblical significance of Christ referring to himself as "the bridegroom" in Matthew 9:15?
- What were some of the contrasts and similarities between the ruler and the woman in verses 18-26?
- What is it that healed the woman (verse 22)? How would you define "faith?" What does faith have to do with the gospel of Jesus? What kind of faith do you see in your own life? Does God ever promise us that we will be healed from our infimities?
- In verse 24, Jesus tells those gathered to mourn that the dead girl was "sleeping." Why would he say that?
- What is the biblical significance of the blind men calling Jesus "the Son of David?" How did they respond to being healed by Jesus? How did the Pharisees respond to Jesus in verse 34?