Scripture: Matthew 20:17–20:28
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
- How does the world define personal greatness, power, importance and significance? What are some examples?
- What view of the kingdom of God did James, John and their mother have when they went to Christ with their request in Matthew 20:22? By now, should the disciples have been aware of a spirit of servanthood in Jesus?
- Can you think of a physical example of the kind of service Christ is talking about in verse 26? (Kylw mentioned one that comes at the end of a dinner party....) Are there ways this kind of service can happen in the spiritual realm?
- In Matthew 20:27, Jesus attaches personal significance in the kingdom of God to becoming a slave. What rights do slaves have? What rights do you have?
- Is serving others easy? How can we be the kind of servant Christ calls us to be? (hint: verse 28)