Scripture: Matthew 20:29–21:46
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- In Matthew 20:29-30, what did the two blind men call Jesus? What did that mean?
- Read Zechariah 9:9. How do this Old Testament verse relate to Matthew 21? What was the significance of people putting their cloaks and palm branches down before Jesus?
- How did the religious leaders react to Jesus' arrival? Why were they so angry? How did Jesus respond to them?
- When the Pharisees answered, "We don't know" in Matthew 21:27, were they honestly puzzled? How did the parables that Jesus responded to them with relate to their answer and their view of Jesus?
- What was the incident with the fig tree in Matthew 21:18-22 about? How does it relate to the fruit Jesus mentions more than once in his second parable to the Pharisees (Matthew 21:33-43)?