Scripture: Psalm 1:1–1:6
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- Why do we need a book like the Psalms in the Bible? What kind of things do the Psalms teach us of and remind us of? Is that relevant for our times?
- How does Psalm 1 provide a simple summary of a man or woman's life? What path described in Psalm 1:6 would you say your life was on? Why?
- What does "blessed" mean? How are you blessed?
- In what ways do you avoid the path of the wicked? What is the power this Psalm tells us we have available to keep from the path of the wicked? When the psalmist mentions "the law of the Lord" in Psalm 1:2, is he talking only about obeying commands and lists of rules? Is the law of the Lord your delight?
- What does it mean to meditate? Do you practice meditation on God's Word? What kind of fruit would you expect meditation on God's Word to produce?
- What does the gospel of Jesus Christ have to do with the way of the righteous?