Put On Christ
Passage: Colossians 3:1–17
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- In your life, have you found that your life situations or the culture around you can provide your soul with rest, peace and hope? What have your expereinces and feelings in these areas taught you?
- Colossians 3:1 tells those with faith in Jesus that they have been raised with Christ. What does this mean? What does this mean to you?
- Have you ever tried to take comfort from using your own strength to work harder at being good enough for God? If so, what was the result? What does Galatians 3:3-4 have to say about that?
- Colossians 3:12-15 is a list of attributes and characteristics. Where do these come from? Who do they sound like?
- Colossians 3:12 also tells us to "put on" these characteristics of Christ. What does "put on" mean? How does one do that? When we do, what do you think this produces in and around us?