ITC Confessions: Of Salvation
Scripture: Romans 10:1–10:17
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- Many in our culture work hard to tell us that people have no need of salvation. In Romans 10:1-17, Paul writes that all people need salvation. Why do you think people need salvation? What evidence is there to support what you think?
- Others in our culture tell us that whatever we might need to be saved from, we have all the power we need to save ourselves. Does this line up with what Scripture says? Does any aspect of our performance in life (our sincerity, our goodness, etc) save us?
- Other religions tell us that we have to earn our salvation, but Christianity is different, as we see in Galatians 2:21. What does Scripture say our salvation depends on?
- How can we be saved by Christ? Have you ever thought you have sin in your life that can't be forgiven? Have you known anyone who has?
- 2 Corinthians 5:18-20 calls us, as Christ's followers, his ambassadors. What does that mean to you? Why is it hard for us to tell people about their need for salvation, and where to find it? In what ways is the gospel of Jesus Christ being shared in your life?