Passage: Daniel 4:1–4:37
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- How do we see God's sovereign will displayed in biblical history? Can you think of kingdoms and rulers who are recorded in Scripture? What was God's part in all the kingdoms of the earth over all time?
- What is the situation between the nations of Israel and Babylon at the time described in Daniel 4? In Daniel 4:5-7, what is troubling the ruler of Babylon, King Nebuchadnezzar? Why was Daniel able to help the King?
- What does Daniel tell King Nebuchadnezzar that comes out in Daniel 4:17 and Daniel 4:25? From the King's response recorded in Daniel 4:30, did Nebuchadnezzar listen to Daniel's wise and godly counsel?
- Why do you think the King disregarded Daneil's interpretation? In what ways does pride in yourself show up in your own life? What does pride do to our relationship with God?
- Where does self-pride come from? How is Jesus the opposite of Nebuchadnezzar? How can we overcome pride in our own lives?
More in Daniel
March 5, 2017Daniel 7