ITC Confessions: of Baptism
Passage: Acts 2:37–41
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- Acts 2:37 tells us that the listeners who heard Peter preach the gospel were "cut to the heart." What does it mean to be cut to the heart? What are some times in your life that this would describe how you felt?
- What did the people who were baptized in Acts 2:41 have in common? How did you receive the word of the Lord (the gospel)? Share your story.
- How does repentance reflect a change of mind? Read 1 Peter 3:21. How do repentance and faith work together? How does baptism work with repentance and faith?
- Matthew 28:19, Acts 10:48 and 1 Corinthians 1:13 all talk about being baptized "into" something. What do you think this means? What do you think about the tone of command in these verses?
- What is baptism a physical symbol of? Read Romans 6:3-4. What does going into the water represent? What does coming up out of the water represent? Did you feel this when you were baptized?