ITC Confessions: Of Marriage
November 21, 2021 Speaker: Kyle Schwahn Series: ITC Confession of Faith
Passage: Mark 10:2–12
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- Our twenty-first century cultures have many ways to judge and define marriage. What do followers of Christ use as a way to define marriage? What are the basic components of a godly marriage?
- How would you describe the roles of men and women in marriage? In what ways are they the same? In what ways are they different?
- Read Matthew 10:9 and Malachi 2:13-15. How is God involved in the marriage of two of his individual children? How does marriage work when one spouse is a believer and one is not?
- What is the difference between a covenant and a contract? How does the meaning of covenant apply to Christian marriage? Who all is involved in a marriage covenant? What is the marriage covenant a reflection of? (2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:28-32)
- Read Hebrews 13:4. In what ways can you honor marriage before you are married? In what ways can you honor marriage when you are married?
More in ITC Confession of Faith
December 12, 2021ITC Confessions: Of Resurrection & Renewal
December 5, 2021ITC Confessions: Of Judgment
November 28, 2021ITC Confessions: Of Government