ITC Confessions: Of Marriage
Passage: Mark 10:2–12
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- Our twenty-first century cultures have many ways to judge and define marriage. What do followers of Christ use as a way to define marriage? What are the basic components of a godly marriage?
- How would you describe the roles of men and women in marriage? In what ways are they the same? In what ways are they different?
- Read Matthew 10:9 and Malachi 2:13-15. How is God involved in the marriage of two of his individual children? How does marriage work when one spouse is a believer and one is not?
- What is the difference between a covenant and a contract? How does the meaning of covenant apply to Christian marriage? Who all is involved in a marriage covenant? What is the marriage covenant a reflection of? (2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:28-32)
- Read Hebrews 13:4. In what ways can you honor marriage before you are married? In what ways can you honor marriage when you are married?