Romans 12:14-21 part 2
Scripture: Romans 12:14–12:21
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- In part one, we looked at the idea of persecution found in Romans 12:14. As the passage continues, we see how we are called to respond to persecution. What does the word "bless" mean? What does Jesus say about this in Luke 6:27-28?
- In Romans 12:15-16, Paul shifts focus from the evil around us to the good of the body of Christ. Why do you think he does that here? Have there been times of persecution in your life where the body of Christ made a difference in how you handled it?
- Why is it important to respond to persecution the way that Romans 12:17-21 describes? What does this kind of response say to the world around us?
- Proverbs 20:22 says, "Do not say, 'I will repay evil'; wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you." Do you find it easy or difficult to leave vengeance to God? Can you share about times in your life when you did? Can you share about times in your life when you didn't?
- What do you think Paul meant by "Beloved" at the beginning of Romans 12:19? Why is that significant?