ITC Confessions: Of Christ
Passage: Philippians 2:5–2:11
Small Group Discussion
- In Matthew 22:41-46, Jesus asks the Pharisees the most important question in life: "What do you think of the Christ?" What did Jesus's response to their answer reveal about him? What does Scripture reveal about the Christ?
- Read: John 1:1; John 8:58; John 20:30-31; Romans 9:5; Colossians 1:15,19; Colossians 2:9; and Titus 2:13. From these verses, what would you say is Jesus's relationship with God? Why is it important that Jesus is truly God?
- Read: Philippians 2:5-7; John 9:35-38; John 10:28-33; John 17:5; and Isaiah 53:3. Why is it important that Jesus is truly man and God? Do we have to choose between him being God and man?
- Read: Philippians 2:8; John 10:17-18; Galatians 1:3-4; Hebrews 2:14; Hebrews 2:17; and Romans 5:6-10. How do we know Jesus is truly our Savior?
- Read: Philippians 2:9-11; Ephesians 1:20-23; and Isaiah 45:22-23. Did Jesus come to an end on the cross? Where does Scripture say he is now?
- What do you think of the Christ?