ITC Confessions: Of Judgment
Passage: Matthew 25:31–46
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- Although the concept is unpopular in our current culture, where does the concept of God's judgment come from? Read Psalm 96:11-13; Ecclesiastes 12:14; Matthew 12:36-37; Matthew 16:26-27; Romans 14:10-12 and 2 Thessalonians 1:6-8. How will God render his judgment?
- In Matthew 25:34-36, why would Jesus commend those who have done acts of compassion for the people of God around them? Are good works why these people were saved? (read James 2:14-18)
- What place does 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 decribe? Can you think of other verses that mention hell?
- In Matthew 25:31, Jesus tells his disciples that judgment will occur when the Son of Man comes in his glory. Who is the Son of Man? (Daniel 7) Read Matthew 24:36. When will Jesus return?
- Is God's judgment fair? Who deserves it? Is there a way to avoid it? Read Romans 5:8-9 and 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 and discuss.