ITC Confessions: Of God's Providence
Passage: Acts 4:23–28
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- Aside from a city in Rhode Island, what does "providence" mean? If a definition of God's providence could be, "God's power to uphold and rule over all things at all times to accomplish his purposes," how do we know this is true?
- What is happening in Acts 4:23-28? How does this prayer of the apostles reflect the providence of God?
- Read: Revelation 4:11; Nehemiah 9:6; Colossians 1:16-17; and Hebrews 1:3. How does creation show God's Providence?
- Read Psalm 135:5-6. How do you feel about God doing as he pleases, everywhere and all the time? Do you think things ever happen by chance in this world?
- Read: Genesis 45:7; Genesis 50:20; John 19:11; and Luke 22:21-22. How do these accounts of the sins of Joseph's brothers, Pilate and Judas work within the providence of God?
- Is the Bible clear on God's Providence? Is the Bible clear on man's responsibility for his own choices and actions? Can we understand how both are true when it seems like it has to be one or the other?
- What is the greatest display of God's providence?