ITC Confessions: Of Sanctification and Works
Passage: Titus 2:11–2:14
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
- Do our gospel lives stop when we are saved? If the gospel is also tranforming us throughout our days, what is it transforming us for?
- Read 1 Peter 1:15-19. If our transformation from futile ways to good works is sanctification, what does our sanctification begin with? Why is it important to continue looking back to the gospel truth of the gift of grace in the form of Christ on the cross?
- What do you think Paul means when he uses the word "training" in Titus 2:12? Where do you see this kind of training in your own life? Would you consider yourself a more mature believer today than the day you first believed the gospel? Would you consider yourself a more mature believer today than last year? Than last month? Than last week?
- Does our maturity come from God's work, or our efforts? Read Hebrews 12:7-10. Is it possible the answer is both?
- Do you feel like God is transforming you into a more mature follower of Christ? Are we always the best judges of our own growth? Where can we go to get a more objective measurement? What do the things we do every day tell us about it? What things can we practice for our part in our sanctification?