The Gospel and Family part 2
Scripture: Ephesians 5:22–5:33
HOME GROUP DISCUSSION
- Kyle defined submission as ordering oneself under legitimate authority. When women are asked to submit to the authority of their husbands, who is asking them to do that?
- If our culture considers submission a weakness, what does the Bible define it as? What are some reasons women have trouble submitting to their husbands?
- What kind of love are husbands commanded to love their wives with? Is it a feeling?
- What does it mean to sanctify something or someone? In what ways are husbands to sanctify their wives?
- Do any spouses' shortcomings or failures negate the other spouse's responsibility to faithfully obey God?